This is one of the main activities of EAUMP targeting to reduce critical shortage of staff in the participating universities especially on the area of pure mathematics and in the new areas of mathematics. At any one time, each node has at least three PhD and two Msc students under training. Usually the period of PhD training is three years. All PhD students are trained in the sandwich mode with mostly Swedish Universities. The students register and graduate at their home universities. In the year 2011, EAUMP had 15 PhD students on sandwich training with 3 students per node. The period of training for M.Sc. is normally two years. Most of M.Sc. students are registered and trained at their local/home universities. Some of the students are trained outside their home universities within the region depending on the availability of area experts and specializations.
- Capacity building through PhD, MSc training and PostDoc fellowships
- Research through Regional Research Groups
- Acquisition of Literature and necessary equipment for graduate training
- Staff exchange in the region
- Organization of Conferences/Workshops/Schools
- Coordinators and advisory committee meetings